Friday, July 21, 2017

Mont Saint-Michel

As I mentioned in a previous post, one of the main reasons I came to France was to see Mont Saint-Michel.  But I didn't want to come as a tourist just to take pictures.  I wanted it to be a pilgrimage, a sort of holy trek.  Such a trek shouldn't be easy, so I decided to rent a bike in St. Malo and ride it to Mont Saint-Michel, about 50km away.  Although not very far, the journey was made more difficult by hilly terrain and my ignorance of the route (I had looked at maps before hand, but didn't have a map or internet with me).  Well, the journey was a good challenge; I began pedaling in drizzling rain, and quickly starting guessing on routes--I decided to take a short-cut through farmlands.  I made a montage of the journey that I hope portays the spirit of the pilgrimage.

Click on the picture to watch: 



https://youtu.be/5QV6YSJTIL4



No comments:

Post a Comment